Donate your excess building materials, appliances, and home goods to ReStore, not the landfills. On average, 2,487 lbs. are diverted from the landfill each day. Since the Lake Agassiz Habitat ReStore's opening in July 2006, over 8.1 million lbs. have been diverted from local landfills. Don’t forget that all of your donations are tax deductible!
Habitat ReStore accepts:
- Cabinets, up-to-date and not damaged
- Furniture in good condition, no rips or stains, dressers, tables, couches, chairs, etc.
- Appliances in good working condition – Fridges, washers & dryers, ranges, etc.
- Doors and door accessories
- Plumbing, usable fixtures, parts and supplies
- Electrical, usable fixtures, parts and supplies
- Windows, insulated glass, no broken glass, no sashes accepted
- Hardware, knobs, hinges, locks, nails, cabinet pulls, nuts, bolts, screws
- Lumber, clean, no cracks, splits, nails; at least 4 ft. long
- Roofing, no scrap metal materials please, bundled shingles & tar paper
- Carpet, new, no used carpet, at least 12’ X 12’ in size
- Tools, hand, garden, working power
- Flooring, wood (clean), ceramic tile, vinyl
- Kitchen and bath fixtures, neutral color, vanities, lighting, toilets & sinks
- Millwork/trim, wood casing and base (clean), vinyl base, ceramic
- Furnaces and air conditioners
- Paint, full gallons from businesses only
- Siding; vinyl, aluminum or wood lap, new or like new
Habitat ReStore CANNOT accept:
- Toys, clothes,
- Small appliances
- Electronics - computers
- Broken items- bricks, glass or mirrors
- Partial cans of paint
- Paint thinner & other hazardous or toxic chemicals or pesticides
- Less than 5 lbs. of hardware—screws, nails, washers, bolts, etc.
- Rusted hardware—screws, nails, washers, bolts, etc.
- Used cast iron sinks
- Drinking fountains
- Open or used wallpaper
- Used blinds
- Used carpet or used carpet pad
- Urinals or shower doors
- Partial sheet goods (less than ½ sheet)
- Window parts and pieces
- Trim or lumber less than 4 ft. long
- Damaged windows or doors
- ReStore also has the right to refuse any donation because of their condition or potential disposal cost
Making a material donation:
Pick-ups – We are happy to schedule a pick-up of items, right from your home.
Call 218-284-5253 ext. 3 and leave a message with name, phone number, and items you have to be picked up.
Drop-offs – Materials can be dropped off during store hours.
*For all donations, the truck driver and store staff have the right to refuse an item if they feel it does not meet our quality standards. This decision will not be overturned by management.